Tuesday 6 March 2012

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong

Goodreads Summary: Elena Michaels seems like the typically strong and sexy modern woman, She lives with her architect boyfriend, writes for a popular newspaper, and works out at the gym. She's also a werewolf. 

Elena has done all she can to assimilate to the human world, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must recon with who, and what, she is in this passionate, page-turning novel.

Why I Read This Book: This book was recommended to me by a friend (who isn't a big reader) and then confirmed as good by another person who does read a lot, so I wanted to pick it up soon after that.


Review: I enjoyed this book from the beginning. Some books that are a part of a larger series can take a little longer to get into, but that wasn't the case with this. I didn't love it, but the book had all the right ingredients: hot boys, paranormal activity, some steamy love scenes, and an exciting plot. I can't actually pinpoint exactly why I didn't love it, but it took me over a week to read, so it wasn't calling my name at all hours of the day. I actually had times where I felt more in the mood to read the less exciting book I was reading at the same time. So, I;m not sure what the book was missing, but it was still really good, and I will definitely be picking up the next book very soon!
Any other opinions on this one would be appreciated!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment