Monday 18 June 2012

Club Dead (Southern Vampire #3) by Charlaine Harris


Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)

Goodreads Summary: Things between cocktail waitress Sookie and her vampire boyfriend Bill seem to be going excellently (apart from the small matter of him being undead) until he leaves town for a while. A long while. Bill's sinister boss Eric has an idea of where to find him, whisking her off to Jackson, Mississippi to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead. When she finally catches up with the errant vampire, he is in big trouble and caught in an act of serious betrayal. This raises serious doubts as to whether she should save him or start sharpening a few stakes of her own.


Why I Read This Book: Because I am working through this series.

Review: This was my favorite Sookie Stackhouse novel so far. I think the downfall of this series up to now was that I also watch True Blood, and suffice it to say, I like the show more. However, it has been awhile since I watched the shows that correspond to the story of this book, so I think that made me like it a bit more, because I wasn't really comparing the two, I was just enjoying the book. And I did like it, I like Alcide in this book, and Eric too. Bill was MIA for most of the book, as with the book you only get what Sookie is up to as it's told in the first person. I'm really glad I gave this series another shot, as I was almost ready to give up on them. Now I;m looking forward to reading the next one!


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment