Monday 2 July 2012

Bumped by Megan McCafferty



Goodreads Summary: In 2036 New Jersey, when teens are expected to become fanatically religious wives and mothers or high-priced Surrogettes for couples made infertile by a widespread virus, 16-year-old identical twins Melody and Harmony find in one another the courage to believe they have choices.


Why I Read This Book: This was another book that was pretty popular on the blogs awhile back that I had marked to read.


Review: This book was OK. It took me awhile to get into it because I didn't like either Melody or Harmony very much at all. It gets better as the book goes on, with the last 1/3 of the book being quite good. The idea behind the book is really good, being that pregnant teens are the world's hottest commodity, but I felt that the book lacked some of the information surrounding this. I guess because it was mostly from the two girls POV, but I would be interested in some of the background of the story as well. You don't learn much about either girls past, and the book has a lot of holes which will hopefully get explained in the coming book.

Overall, it was enjoyable, but not as good as what I think it could have been. I expected a little bit better from McCafferty because I love the Jessica Darling series so much, but I am still looking forward to seeing what happens in 'Thumped'.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment