Friday 26 October 2012

Feature & Follow Friday October 26/12

This weeks features are:


Carmen Jenner Author
and
The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger

This week's question is:

Q: What writing device or trick most irritates you when reading a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered bad form.

A: This week I'm in a huge hurry, but I wanted to participate anyway (I'll hop around later) but, I have two big pet peeves when it comes to reading. One is when characters immediately fall in love. It's not because it's not necessarily possible it's just that in most books its not written that well. Veronica Roth actually has a great post on her site about it here.

Two, Missing parents syndrome. I'm sorry, but some of the things 15 and 16 year olds are up to in some books, almost any parent would be like "hold the hell up". A book thats bad for that that comes to mind is '13 Little Blue Envelopes'.

That's all I have time for right now! Sorry for the rush, have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I totally agree with you about both of these things. Insta-love is welcomed in some cases. There's one series I love, that would be an insta-love nightmare for some people, but I love it. But overall, it's not my favorite. There's so much more suspense with the slow burn.
    New follower via GFC:)
    My F&F: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Its so much more satisfying when you feel like they FINALLY got together!

      Delete
  2. OOOOH missing parents. YES. That's a great one!!!

    Old follower.

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I spent a little while trying to think about what actually irked me. Maybe it shows I'm getting old though :P

      Delete
  3. Insta-love is the worst. I like your missing parents pet peeve, that also bothers me.

    New follow via GFC.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing parents syndrome? I love that, it is different to the other ones! :)

    New Follower via GFC :)

    My FF Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely agree! New follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think about the 'missing parent syndrome' - that's completely true!
    New GFC follower =)
    Rinn (My FF)

    ReplyDelete