Sunday 31 March 2013

March Wrap Up

Although I was not doing my reading in the month of March, and had set my goals back in February based on the end of April, to  keep up with my good blog-posting streak as of late, I wanted to let you know how March actually was.

Read

P.S. I Love YouThe Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

PS I Love You was my February book for the Monthly Key Word Challenge
The Iron Daughter was my March book for the 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge
and Clockwork Prince was my February book also for the 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge as well as part of the 2013 Sequel Challenge

Quarterly Update

Since the end of March marks 1/4 of the year being done I thought I would re-cap the progress I have made on my lists

Challenge #1:  2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

1) Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
2) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
3) Matched - Ally Condie
4) Life of Pi - Yann Martel finished January 23/13
5) Remember Me? - Sophie Kinsella
6) Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen finished February 24/13
7) The Constant Princess - Phillipa Gregory
8) Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
9) Gone - Michael Grant
10) The Maze Runner - James Dashner
11) Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor ...on deck for March/April
12) Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
13) Forever - Judy Blume
14) Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
15) Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
16) The Nanny Diaries - Emma McLaughlin
17) The Guernsey Literacy and Potato Peel Society - Annie Barrows
18) One For the Money - Janet Evanovich
19) On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta
20) Learning to Fly - Victoria Beckham

Challenge #2: A-Z Book Challenge

A: The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson
B: Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz (double points!..Scattergories, anyone??)
C: City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare finished February 26/13
D: The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank
E: Eragon - Christopher Paolini
F: Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
G: Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
H: Hourglass - Myra McEntire
I: I am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
J: Juliet, Naked - Nick Hornby
K: The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
L: The Luxe - Anna Godberson
M: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
N: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
O: Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
P: The Princess Bride - William Goldman
Q: Quidditch Through the Ages - J. K. Rowling
R: Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven #2) - Brandon Mull
S: Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi
T: Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
U: Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi
V: The Virgin Sucides - Jeffrey Eugenides
W: Wanderlove - Kristen Hubbard
X: Elixir - Hilary Duff
Y: Yearbook - Ally Condie
Z: Zombie Queen of Newbury High - Amanda Ashby

Challenge #3 - 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge




January - Vampires - Marked by P.C. Cast Finished February 4, 2013 (just a few days late)
February - Angels/Nephilim - Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare Finished
March - Fey - The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa Finished
April - Demons - Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor ...on deck for March/April
May - Aliens - I am Number Four by Pitticus Lore
June - Zombies - Feed by Mira Grant
July - Witches and Wizards - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
August - Mermaids - Aquamarine by Alice Hoffman
September - Dragons - Eragon Christpoher Paolini
October - Ghosts - Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake
November - Werewolves/Shape-shifters - Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater Changed to 'Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Armstrong' because Shiver was my January Book for a different challenge!
December - Time Travel - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Challenge #4 - 2013 Sequel Challenge



1) City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare finished February 26/13
2) Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare Finished
3) Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead ...on deck for March/April
4) A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin finished February 17, 2013
5) Glory In Death - J.D. Robb 
6) The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson
7) Shadow Souls - L.J. Smith
8) Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers - Louise Rennieson
9) Rise of the Evening Star - Brandon Mull
10) Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins

Challenge #5 - 2013 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge



Book 4 ...on deck for March/April

Challenge #6 - Monthly Key Word Challenge

January: Shiver - Maggie Steifvater finished January 28, 2013
February: PS I Love You - Cecelia Ahern finished March 12, 2013 (wee bit late...)
March: Be Careful What You Wish For - Alexandra Potter ...on deck for March/April
April: Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead ...on deck for March/April
May: Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi
June: Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi
July: Shadow Souls - L.J Smith
August: A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
September: Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz
October: Glory In Death - J.D. Robb
November: Forever - Judy Blume
December: The Princess Bride - William Goldman

So, I am definitely doing better with some than others. I am up to date on the 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge which is great. I did think I would have progressed better with both the A-Z Reading Challenge and the TBR Reading Challenge as well. I'm pretty happy with the 2013 Sequel Challenge so far too, but I am very behind on my Monthly Key Word. 

Right now I have the following books checked out of the library:
Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

Dead to the World with be the first of four for the Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
Miss Peregrine's and Shatter Me are both on the A-Z list, and Shatter Me is also my May book for the Monthly Key Word Challenge.
Therefore, I would really like to read the following in April (again, so so optimistic of me!)

1) Dead to the World - Charlaine Harris
2) Be Careful What You Wish For - Alexandra Potter
3) Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead
4) Glory In Death - J.D. Robb
5) Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
6) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
7) One For the Money - Janet Evanovich

I will then be all caught up on my monthly ones, and have a few more crossed off every other list too! Fabulous! Now, if I can just stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment